Most of the tasks of our government are nowadays done online. It has become simpler to apply for a Pan card or make changes to it. You can apply for a pan card online and you can apply for corrections online and it is trouble free. If so then what is the Online PAN card correction process. After receiving your PAN card, you may sometimes find the following, name, father’s name, date of birth, in it to be changed either because you have spelled it wrongly or because of any other reasons. To have the right details about you on the PAN card is very important so that the IT department can have you right details on its database. Changes are especially important in cases like photo or signature mismatch. Some other time you find that a few more details have to be updated like the change of address or change of name.
PAN card correction online process
While applying for a new or applying for changes in the Pan Card you must provide proper proofs supporting the changes you intend to make and the copy of these proofs has to be submitted along with your application form. PAN Card correction form online filling is in not a complex task. It is mandatory that the form has to be filled in English and you have to quote your 10-digit account number mention in the PAN Card.
How to correct PAN card mistakes online
- Open your browser and go to the link https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/ then click on the tab with the words Changes or Correction in Pan details.
- You will be directed to a page wherein you have to select the online application for changes or correction in PanCard.
- You are now in front of the page, which displays Guidelines. It is necessary that you must go through these guidelines before filling up the correction form. At the bottom of the page, you are requested to select who you are in the sense whether you are an individual or a company or any others as listed out there in the pull-down menu
- When you press the button select after choosing appropriate data from the pull-down menu you will see a form in which on the left-hand side you can tick those fields you want to change.
- Fill in also the fields which have a red asterisk marked. For an eg. name, date of birth, address and others. Please do not forget to quote you current PAN number in the right place in the form. This is also the procedure for How to correct PAN card details online. please fill in the column or field that mentions Permanent Account Number (PAN). This is your PAN number. It is very vital that you write down the PAN number in the form.
- Now pay the fees mentioned there on the form through credit card, debit card, demand draft, cheque or through internet banking. They have listed out the options to pay.
- You will have an acknowledgement for with 16-digit acknowledgement number. You need to take a print out of this form.
- On the photograph boxes, you need to paste two photographs of yours with a white background on the appropriate boxes in the acknowledgement form. Also, sign there in the box.
- If you are not paying online then you can pay through Demand draft or cheque. The draft or cheque should be in favour of NSDL – PAN’ payable at Mumbai.
- Put all the acknowledgement form and the copy of document proofs mentioned in the form in an envelope. If you are not paying, online then put in the demand draft or cheque in the envelope. On the top of the envelope, you must write APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST mentioning the acknowledgement number. You must address the envelope to NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016′.”
- It is very important for you to make sure that the envelope reaches NSDL within 15 days of you receiving the acknowledgement number.
The application will be processed by NDSL as soon as it receives your supporting proofs and your information on the changes that has to be made. Hope the process of applying for changes in your details had been made easier in these 12 steps.
Apart from this links mentioned here, there are other links, which you can search through your favourite search engines. PAN Card correction form online filling procedure remains the same.