After marriage, especially women have to update their address in the Aadhar Card. How to change the address in Aadhar Card online after marriage is essential to be known, as it is the responsibility of the cardholder to update the latest information on the Card. The procedure is similar to the updating of other details such as Name, Date of Birth, and a few others. In India, it is traditionalistic for the girls to leave their homes soon after marriage and live at their husband’s address.
Updating of the Aadhar Card with the current details is very important, as it is a vital document. Cardholders often have to update change the address when they move to a new house. Women do online address change/correction in the Aadhar Card after marriage. Along with the updating of their address, women have to change their name because after marriage their last name changes to the husband’s last name. For instance, if the maiden name of a girl is Narmada Charlie and she marries any Arun Kulkarni, her name changes to Narmada Kulkarni. Therefore, she has to update her name as well as her address.
Aadhar Card address change update online after marriage ssup.uidai.gov.in
In the above example, Narmada can update her address after marriage by providing the Documents required to change the address in Aaadhar Card. Women have to present documents that show the relationship with their husband for both changes of name and address. The marriage certificate is the popular supportive proof for showing the relationship and for address change, the proof of address of the husband will do. Passport of the husband is the best proof for women to attach for updating the address. Some of the other important proofs which can be submitted are Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead, Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas). There are several others listed out on the official website of UIDA. Please refer to the website for more details.
Here in this article change of address after marriage is emphasized upon. The process is similar to change other information on the card. Let us now look at the process of Aadhar Card address correction online after marriage. The steps are presented in a simple manner for you to comprehend well. They are as plain and easy as ABCD…
Aadhar Card address update after marriage procedure
- Paste the link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update in your browser. The page that now appears in your browser will ask you to enter your Unique Aadhar Number. For the Change of Address in the Aadhar Card online after marriage, you must have your registered mobile number mentioned during the registration of the card at the Aadhar Centre. After entering the Aadhar number and the captcha on the page and depress the Send OTP with the mouse.
- Now, you will receive an SMS with OTP in it on the registered mobile number. The next page on the screen will ask for the OTP. Fill in the OTP and log in.
- Though we are doing address change/correction in Aadhar Card online after marriage here, choose name as well since after marriage the girl’s last name changes. Therefore, pick both Name and Address. Then click Submit.
- Enter the accurate details of your current name and address in both English and the local language, which is preselected. After filling in the correct details depress the Submit Update Request. Now you will see the entered details. Check for its correctness and press the Proceed button. Any information, if found with errors can be changed by pressing the Modify button.
- In the following page, attach scanned copy of the proofs. Change of Address in the Aadhar Card online after marriage will only be updated if you have uploaded the exact documents. Here you need to upload self-signed scanned copies of your proof of address and proof of ID. For example, you can submit passport of spouse and marriage certificate. A marriage certificate is the proof of relationship and the passport of your spouse is the address change proof. After attaching, submit it. The next page will ask you select a BPO service provider. Choose one among what is displayed.
- Now, you will see on the screen a message that says the update is finished and it will contain the URN – Update Request Number. Note down this number. With it, you can check the Update status after 5 to 6 days.
Aadhar Card address correction online after marriage status
The proofs and information you submitted will undergo validation and after that, you will be informed about the update on your number, the registered one, through SMS. Aadhar Card address change after marriage status could be checked at this link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status by entering the Aadhar Card and URN.