Aadhar Card Address Change Procedure/Process
How to change the address in my Aadhar Card is an important question and it is answerable. Apart from incorrect addresses in the Aadhar Card, there can be a change in your address if you have lately moved to a new house. You can update this new address in your Aadhar Card. An erroneous address on your Aadhar Card will make it a document of no use. Aadhar Card helps us to identify ourselves with any government or private organisation. It serves as an identity proof as well as a proof of address in applying for a passport, new gas connection, opening a bank account, buying a new vehicle and for several others all over the country.
Aadhar Card Address Change Documents Required
Overall, there are 33 valid supporting proofs accepted in updating and correction of address in the Aadhar Card and attaching one of these proofs will suffice the updating process. Updating your address online requires supporting proofs of the new address and they must be provided. Some of the Documents required to change/update the address in Aadhar Card are passport, voters ID, ration card, kissan’s passbook, latest electricity bill or telephone landline bill, Government ID cards and property tax receipt.
You can do the UID Address Change in three distinct means -by visiting in person to the nearest Aadhar Kendra, by post, and by updating online. The following steps down below will explain the procedure involved in updating the address online through Self Service Update Portal-SSUP in the UIDAI official website. Before walking through these steps, you must know that you can only log into the portal only using your Aadhar Number and that mobile number you used for Aadhar Card enrolment at first. It is binding to have that mobile number to update your address or any other correction online.
Procedure to change address in Aadhar Card:
- Open www.uidai.gov.in and select Apka Adhar. A page will open up select ‘Update Your Aadhar Data’ by clicking on it. In the next page, click on ‘Update data online (click here)’ and the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) has opened up on your screen. Below this portal page, you will find two CLICK HERE links. The first one is for correction and updating and the second one is for downloading update/correction form and instructions for applying by post. Opt for the first “CLICK HERE “link for Address Change in Aadhar Card.
- The next page in the portal will ask you to type in your Aadhar number and the text displayed there for verification. Then press the Send OT button. On doing so, OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- A portal page has opened by now asking for the OTP. Enter it and press login button. Now, you can recognize how significant the registered mobile number is in Aadhar Card correction online address change.
- In the page that is now before you has options Name, Gender, Date of birth, Address, Mobile and Phone Number. As we are discussing Aadhar Card change address online here, choose Address option accordingly. You can see that the local language is by default chosen. You used that local language at the instant of enrollment of the Card.
- Here, you will see text-boxes asking for latest information on the address to be updated. Fill in your latest address. The filling of the information can be done in English and it will be transliterated to the local language on the right side. Ensure the correction of the local language spellings. After finishing, click on “Submit Update Request”. After that, the next page will show what you have entered. Make sure that it is correct and if the information entered, is correct push Proceed otherwise, press Modify to make changes. Do not forget to tick in the box with the words I confirm.
- The page for uploading the Aadhar Card change of address document is before you on the screen. Upload the self-signed, scanned copy of the proof of address. After uploading of the documents, press the Submit button with your mouse.
- At last, on the screen, you will find a message that the update is finished. There in the message date and Update Request Number (URN) is mentioned. Record this number, as it will help to check Aadhar Card address change status.
How to change the address in Aadhar Card after marriage?
Mostly after marriage, the bride’s last name would change to the bridegroom’s last name. In addition to this, she had to leave her home to live with her husband so she has to change both the address and name in the Aadhar Card. Newly wedded brides can update their name and address by going to the SSUP portal of the UIDIA website. It is similar to the process to change the address in Aadhar Card. The same is applicable for bridegrooms as well, if there are changes in address after marriage.
In the fourth step of the Procedure to change the address in Adhar Card, tick the box before Name along with the box at the Address for updating the name and address. The marriage certificate will serve as a proof of identity. Testimony of marriage on non-judicial stamp paper or proof of Marriage document issued by the Registrar will also be enough to serve as proof of identity. The copy of the passport of the spouse can be attached as Aadhar Card address change document or any other valid address with the new address. The marriage certificate or valid proof of marriage is essential to show the relationship for both address and name change. Refer the official website for more PoIs and PoAs.
Aadhar Card Address Update/Correction Online without mobile number registration
How to change the address in Aadhar card without mobile number?
As mentioned earlier, you can only update your Aadhar data online if you have a registered mobile number. if you do not have the registered mobile number then you have to go to the nearest Adhar Kendra to register your mobile number and update your latest address or you can do the same by post. Here, the steps to register your mobile number and update your latest address are.
- Download the update/correction form and instructions from the link www.uidai.gov.in/update-your-aadhaar-data.html and print out a copy of each.
- The fields for correction are given at the top of the form. Tick the box, which reads Address. Also, put a tick in the box for the mobile number. Fill up the rest of the form. Fill it in both English and that local language you used to fill in at the time of registration of the Aadhar Card. Sign in wherever it is required in the form. Check and recheck the information filled in both of the languages. There should not be any mistakes. They can lead to rejections so check thoroughly.
- Provide a self-attested copy of supporting documents of the latest address with the 12-digit Adhar number written on every document. The valid PoAs are there listed out in the instructions pdf file you downloaded with the update form.
- Pick an envelope and write down one of the addresses in the instructions pdf. Put in the copy of your supporting documents and correctly filled-in form for correction/update, and post it. Remember to seal the flap of the envelope. Later you will later receive an update request receipt.